Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover

Well it sure has been a while since I've posted on here.

I just finished reading Dave Ramsey's book Total Money Makeover (I've only had it for 6+ years so I suppose it was about time!).  I'm assuming that this is all God's timing much like everything else in life is.  I want to and need to do this.  We are not made to be servants of debt and it's time to be free from it.  I believe in my heart that this is the right way to do things and now it's a matter of putting the "rubber to the road" and implementing the baby steps.
I will try to post progress on here and if anyone else has done this or is doing it or wants to do it - I encourage you to speak up.  I think a little accounability and encouragement is needed!!

So begins Baby Step 1: Emergency Fund of $1,000.  First things first, we need to build up a small cushion.  Looking through things to "liquidate" at home and see what we can do to get this money set aside so the real hard work can begin - Baby Step 2: The Debt Snowball.

Please pray for me and for us as we begin this journey to do as Dave Ramsey says - we will live like no one else so we can live like no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment